- Cosmics Leaving Outdoor Droplets – CLOUD
- 7. Analysis of an under frequency event
- 6. Control of the prime mover, governors, how it is done and why it matters
- 5. Frequency stability and energy balance. A description of the interaction between frequency and grid energy flow.
- 4. Generator types; synchronous versus asynchronous. What goes on inside the machines?
Monthly Archives: April 2017
The previous article described the grid as having no energy storage, and indeed there is no useful storage in the grid itself. However, there is energy storage in the form of rotating kinetic energy of certain generators, and the quantity … Continue reading
Here’s the second article in the series on electric power system stability: The electric current delivered when you turn on a switch is generated from the instant you operate the switch. There is no store of electric current in the … Continue reading
I intend to do a few essays about electric power system stability. I aim to share some concepts about power generation and grids, and in particular how electrical stability is achieved. Some types of generation provide grid stability, other types … Continue reading