- Cosmics Leaving Outdoor Droplets – CLOUD
- Analysis of an under frequency event
- Control of the prime mover, governors, how it is done and why it matters
- Frequency stability and energy balance. A description of the interaction between frequency and grid energy flow.
- Generator types; synchronous versus asynchronous. What goes on inside the machines?
Monthly Archives: May 2017
Frequency stability and energy balance. A description of the interaction between frequency and grid energy flow.
In an earlier post I gave a definition of a stable power system. A stable power system is one that continuously responds and compensates for power/ frequency disturbances, and completes the required adjustments within an acceptable timeframe to adequately compensate … Continue reading
There are two main types of alternating current machine used for the generation of electricity; synchronous and asynchronous. The difference between them begins with the way the magnetic field of the rotor interacts with the stator. Both types of machine … Continue reading