- Cosmics Leaving Outdoor Droplets – CLOUD
- 7. Analysis of an under frequency event
- 6. Control of the prime mover, governors, how it is done and why it matters
- 5. Frequency stability and energy balance. A description of the interaction between frequency and grid energy flow.
- 4. Generator types; synchronous versus asynchronous. What goes on inside the machines?
Category Archives: Uncategorized
A friend wrote a poem about earth hour which I thought was worth sharing. Very succinct. So with thanks to Mike Smith for allowing me to share ‘By Cripes’ with you: By cripes, these days it’s really quite confusing Trying to decide … Continue reading
CFLs Contain Mercury. EECA promotes CFLs. IPENZ suggests a mercury label for them. And Germany wants to ban them.
The various approaches to CFLs (compact fluorescent lamps). In New Zealand, March 2011: IPENZ’s (Institution of Professional Engineers) weekly newsletter included an item about its submission to EECA. It included a mention of the mercury issue. The last two bullet … Continue reading